Texarkana College welcomes you as a new, transfer, or returning student. We believe that a comprehensive orientation to our college sets the stage for a successful transition to college life. Every important journey requires careful
preparation and your adjustment during the first semester of college can have a major impact on the remainder of your college experience. Thus, the college requires all new, transfer, and returning students who have been away from Texarkana College for one calendar year to complete orientation.
In general, students who complete our college orientation are better prepared academically to start their first semester at TC. The Texarkana College Student Orientation program is full of useful information students can use throughout their collegiate journey.
Orientation is offered online and can be accessed 24/7 through your myTC student portal.
During your online orientation session, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about campus safety protocols
- Meet key faculty and staff
- Identify academic and student support services
- Understand faculty expectations and college policies
- Develop resources for financial and mental wellness
- Access your registration information and your email account
- Get an overview of myTC
- Understand the principles of building a good foundation for college life/student success
- Virtual Commit to Complete ceremony